Letter to the Jews of the World from Zahir Ebrahim

 
Subject: From Genesis to Genocide in Palestine – Déjà vu Gaza 2012
November 19, 2012
Dear Jews of the world,
As mortal enemies of Banality of Evil (in case you aren't old enough to remember, see Hannah Arendt: Eichman in Jerusalem - A report on the Banality of Evil), we weep, we shout, and we howl in pain every time we encounter a holocaust, others or our own, but we can do a lot better.
The title of my missive is borrowed from Steve Chorover's book, my psych. professor at MIT more than three decades ago from whom I learnt all about the Holocaust, about the Banality of Evil, and about Behavior Control.
If the image below was that of a Jewish family, the world would be in knots today.
But as in the good ol' Third Reich, since it belongs to the 'untermensch' du jour, the world is expected to accept it.
Not me. I am not content merely invoking the good old fashioned curse of the distinguished Holocaust survivor and the [Founding Chairman & First Council Chair] director of the Holocaust museum in Washington DC., Elie Wiesel, “I still curse the killers, their accomplices, the indifferent spectators who knew and kept silent, and Creation itself, Creation and those who perverted and distorted it. I feel like screaming, howling like a madman so that that world, the world of the murderers, might know it will never be forgiven.”
I also use “Mens et Manus”, Latin for ‘Mind and Hand’, MIT's motto, to attempt to also bring some good old fashioned engineering and horse sense to first understand the problem domain before seeking the solution. It is the only effective method of countering the same old "banality of evil" that has evidently merely migrated from Belsen to Gaza and Palestine today. I invite all those who today ponder upon the Holocaust, to read the three pamphlets below.
Please offer me your moral advice on how you would have liked me to respond to that other Holocaust, and I will hasten to apply your abundant wisdom to the one I can do something about today. If there is any good in this letter, please spread it far without hesitation.
Thank you.
Zahir Ebrahim,
Project Humanbeingsfirst.org




ENCLOSURES


Link fix November 7, 2016


Letter to the Jews of the World from Zahir Ebrahim